1. Remember, Christmas is all about being warm and cosy in the comfort of your own home, so always keep this in mind whilst thinking about and setting up new Christmas displays around the house.
2. A great table piece idea is to place a row of over-sized witches balls (you can them at Columbia Road markets) foliage, apples, oranges, waxed roses and holly placed down the centre of the dining table. This is effortless yet creates a high-impact look.
3. Decorating the tree is the most important part. I tend to keep it light and simple, with my Christmas colours being silver and white and lots of fairy lights, to give it that extra special Christmas twinkle. You can add pussy willow to all the branches which makes it fan out.
4. Fairy lights aren’t just for your Christmas tree. You can use this lighting to create different atmospheres in different rooms. Perhaps drape them across a mantel piece or you could wrap them around old urns or statues for a subtle but effective look.
5. Luxurious throws and cushions on the bed and sofas will help give the space that cosy winter feel. The textures such as faux fur and deep velvets, cashmere and wools are great.
6. One of the main things I associate with Christmas is scents and fragrance. The addition of a scented Christmas candles is vital. Place them throughout the house so that you are constantly reminded what time of year it is.
7. When you are sitting down to eat Christmas dinner, you want your guest to feel as though they are in a enchanted Christmas home. Use big bold accessories on the dining table to help create this atmosphere. I use big chunky napkin rings on simple linen napkins or a large centre piece for the table. If you don’t want to put all your xmas cards, get a big bowl and throw them all in it.
8. Great Christmas accessories and displays are a must around the house. I usually fill large glass vases with baubles, usually in colour co-ordination with my tree! These look great especially when displayed in rows. Toast have some great vintage old baubles or you can pick up some cool decorations in place like Ikea.
9. Although I love all the traditional decorations around Christmas, I also like to add a modern spin on it. In the past, I have painted holly and berries white and added them to a bowl of coloured baubles. This is very eye-catching, as it is something completely unique.
10. I really enjoy creating displays that reflect what your own personal Christmas is going to be all about. I once made a display from Candy Canes, Chestnuts and Holly – something really fun and quirky, yet it fitted in with my Christmas and decorations perfectly.